Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies..

Have you ever made chocolate chip cookies from a recipe on the back of the chocolate morsels?  And have you ever been disappointed by the recipe?  I have.  I hated chocolate chip cookies, I hated how flat they turned out, and how crunchy they ended up being.  Who wants a thin, flat, crunchy cookie?  Certainly, not me. I love soft, fluffy cookies.  My dad gave me this recipe years ago, when I first got really interested in baking.  Dad said it's the Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip recipe.  I can't say for sure if it is or not.  I think there are a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there that claim to be Mrs. Fields.  I have never researched this to make sure.  And honestly, where I am just baking them for the fun of it, I'm not going to stress.  :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
5 cups oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

In your mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars.  Add the eggs in one at a time and then add the vanilla.  In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, salt baking powder and baking soda.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly until well incorporated.  Fold in 2 packages of your favorite morsels..I like semi-sweet and butterscotch together.  Your batter will end up looking like this:



When you are done mixing, lightly spray your cookie sheets with non stick, or you can use parchment paper, if you want really big cookies, use an ice cream scoop.  I use a tablespoon, and roll them by hand.  Once on the the pan, you will want to lightly press the cookie ball down.  Bake in a preheated oven 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.  And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment