Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Butterscotch cupcakes

I have seen this idea on a couple of the websits I visit on a frequent basis, okay, so maybe I visit some of these blogs more often than that..say every day.  I love food blogs, I am a little obsessed okay?  Anyway, people keep hinting that it is fall.  Now, if you live where I do, fall doesn't rear it's head until around Thanksgiving, or sometimes not till after Christmas, so I have a while to go before thinking about my favorite time of the year.  Having said that, I wanted to try out these cupcakes and today was the perfect day to do so.  It is cloudy today, and it looks like it might just rain sometime as well, so I can pretend that it is fall, and butterscotch reminds me of fall..and Harry Potter..so i thought, why not make these lovely's?  So, I did.  And you will be glad that I did!  I found this idea over at the Curvy Carrot, which is a great blog, you should check it out if you haven't already.  I didn't use her recipes provided, but made my own.  They were so good.  I am limited to one, and I savored every single bite!

Pictures will be posted as soon as I can load them in the near future!  Revamping the computer, and I am very slow at it...

Butterscotch Cupcakes.

1 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp butter extract
2 3/4 cup flour

In a mixer, whip the butter until light and fluffy, add the sugars slowly, and mix until fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time.  Alternate between the flour/baking powder,salt with the milk/butter extract, ending with the flour.  Fill your cupcake liners and bake 350 for 20-24 minutes, or until the cake bounces bake up when lightly pressed by your finger.  Let them cool.

Butterscotch Frosting

1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp butter extract
2-3 cups powder sugar

In a pan, heat the heave cream until foam forms on the edges, pour heavy cream over the butterscotch chips.  let sit for 1 minute, stir with a wooden spoon until all the chips are melted and the frosting is smooth. Add the butter and extract.  Place in the freezer to cool for about five minutes or so.  Take out and with a mixer, slowly mix the powder sugar into the frosting and mix until the frosting in smooth and a little stiff.  Frost your cupcakes, and enjoy!  People have putting a butterscotch sauce on top..but after tasting these, I don't think I would add it.  This cupcake is very sweet!  And the added bonus?  Adding the brown sugar to the recipe made these cupcakes moist and delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment